Been promising this one for a minute. I am, by no means, a deep disco head (that particular well runs incredibly deep) but I do respect/appreciate it. These aren’t my absolute favorite cuts but randomly selected ones that I think do a good job of showcasing the diversity of the genre.
Subscribe to this and future episodes of The Sidebar.
- Charanga 76: Good Times (TR, 1979)
- Ernie Story: The E Groove (Legend, 1976)
- Manzel: Space Funk (Fraternity, 1977)
- Gospel Soul Revivals: If Jesus Came Today (Sonic, 1982)
- Frankie Gee: Date With the Rain (Claridge, 1975)
- The Bee-Gee’s: Too Much Heaven (RSO, 1979)
- Wild Sugar: Bring It Here (TSOB, 1981)
- Belle Epoque: Miss Broadway (Shadybrook, 1977)
- T.C. James and the Funk-O-Fist Orchestra: Dance All Over the World (Funk-O-Fist, 1977)
- B&G Rhythm: Hibaros (Polydor, 1978)
Great episode – thanks for finding the time to put these together. I appreciate the didactic format of this series that goes beyond reading liner notes between cuts.
Maybe it’s the Special Ed induced nostalgia, but now I need a copy of Miss Broadway on my shelf.
So happy to see you back at it– great episode, looking forward to catching up!