Jesse Thorn’s NPR show, Bullseye, recently aired a short interview he did with me about two of my favorite recordings. I talked about 3 Ft. High and Rising (since that album literally and profoundly change the course of my life) as well as one of my favorite rediscoveries of 2013, that De Vons 7″. Two corrections though: the intro guitar on De La’s “Eye Know” isn’t Steely Dan; it’s the Mad Lads. And second: Northern Soul began in the 1960s, not 1970s. I don’t know WTF I was thinking.
Disclosure + Mary J. = F for Fabulous
Ghostwriters revealed aka “The Worst Song You Never Knew Jay-Z Was Behind”
If you never liked Oasis’s music videos, neither did Noel Gallagher.
DJ Platurn gets his Hall and Oates on.
I wrote a radio story about the history of the beat box.
In case you missed it…
- NPR’s “The Mix” presented a Northern Soul special.
- Pillows is the new instrumental album from Rahlou, of Gummy Soul.
- Amazon.com is now in the used vinyl game.
- Bob Dylan wins the internet with the video for “Like a Rolling Stone.” (Note: my 8 year old watched this video 7 times in a row).
- Kanye West also released a video that won the internet…just in a different way.
- I wrote about Tiger’s Milk Records and their new Peruvian music comp.
- Lady has a new 7″ about to drop.
- DJ Platurn talks about his 5 fave records stores.
- Ballin’ Oats, ‘buff said.