It’s my birthday today (that’s right, me, Sean Penn and De Niro, motherpluckers). Since I’ve already given myself a birthday gift, I wanted to share one with all of you.
Before me and Wil’s weekly party at the Short Stop ended, we had planned on making a mix-CD together, dedicated to all slow jams. Alas, we never managed to put that together before the night ended but I still have my half of it. The zip file has 10 songs individually saved but the whole thing goes together in a mix.
Boogaloo 2: The Slow Jams
1. Robin Thicke: Ms. Harmony
2. Isley Brothers: Footsteps In the Dark
3. Lee Fields: Honey Dove (2002 version)
4. Bill Withers: Moanin’ and Groanin’
5. Bobby Caldwell: What You Won’t Do
6. Joe Bataan: I Wish You Love Pt. 1
7. Wendy Rene: After the Laughter
8. Aaron Neville: She Took You For a Ride
9. Bob and Gene: You Made My Life a Sunny Day
10. The Impossibles: Easy To Be Hard
Hope you all enjoy and thanks as always for supporting Soul Sides.
Happy O-Dub, O-Dub.
Like a fine wine, your blog is awesome.
Have a happy bday OW.
Happy Birthday O!
happy b-day from rotterdam!
great stuff! happy bday o!
happy birthday from cold n’ foggy SF.
First of all, happy birthday. Secondly, are you at the Short Stop every week now? How didn’t I know this? Are you doing Sunday nights?
Not at the Short Stop any more; that ended earlier this year. No regular gigs right now
Happy bday and thanks for your excellent job! We apreciate every single kb of it ! 🙂
Ay yo Oliver happy birthday and for the record I love Joe Bataan’s version of “I Wish You Love”